The National Weather Service has extended the Flood Warning for the Withlacoochee River at Trilby until Monday, 9/3/18 at 8:00 PM. The river is currently in Minor Flood stage at 12.49 feet. As the river continues to rise upstream, it is anticipated to rise further at Trilby. An additional 2 to 4 inches of rain is forecast between now and next Saturday with locally higher amounts possible. Expect additional flooding in areas that experience repeat rounds of heavy rain.
A tropical wave near Hispaniola remains disorganized but may develop next week. Anticipated impacts to Florida will be locally heavy rainfall next week. Emergency Management continues to monitor the situation. The Emergency Operations Center is not activated at this time.
CURRENT ROAD CLOSURES
- Sudan Dr. in Ridge Manor
- Meridian St. in Ridge Manor
- WPA Road about 100 feet south of the Mondon Hill/ WPA intersection
- Packingham Dr. from Richardson Blvd. to Rose Bloom Ave.
- Cockleberry Dr. from N. Canal St. to Rose Bloom Ave.
- Rose Bloom Ave.
- Coley St. from Shasta St. to Coral Rock Dr.
- Smallman St. from Teakwood Dr. to Karwich Ave.
- Residents living along the river, and those that live in low lying, flood prone areas are urged to closely monitor river levels and take precautions as needed to protect life and property. Be prepared to evacuate to higher ground if necessary
- Do not drive through standing water. Turn around, don’t drown
- Monitor river gauges at: http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=tbw
- Take this opportunity to refresh your emergency supply kit. For more information, visit http://www.HernandoCounty.us/EM