HCSO Media Release
The Hernando County Sheriff's Office was recently able identify the man responsible for committing three armed robberies earlier this year in Hernando County.
Kevin Bellendorf, W/M DOB/12-19-1971, was arrested on 08-08-19 by the Sumter County Sheriff's Office following an investigation into two recent armed robberies that occurred in Sumter County.
He was taken into custody without incident at a home in Lake Panasoffkee by the Sumter County Sheriff's Office.
Bellendorf is facing charges for the following armed robberies:
- Family Dollar Store - 10620 Northcliffe Boulevard/Spring Hill/Hernando County - 05-10-19
- Reliance Gas Station - 704 W. Main Street/Inverness/Citrus County - 05-13-19
- Dollar General - 125 W. Belt Avenue/Bushnell/Sumter County - 05-16-19
- Dollar General - 3449 Mariner Boulevard/Spring Hill/Hernando County - 05-21-19
- Family Dollar - 316 N. Main Street/Bushnell/ Sumter County - 06-11-19
- Dollar General - 3449 Mariner Boulevard/Spring Hill/Hernando County - 06-14-19
According to the Sumter County Sheriff's Office, Bellendorf confessed to committing six armed robberies that occurred in Sumter, Citrus and Hernando counties.
He is currently being held at the Sumter County Detention Center. He faces additional charges from Citrus and Hernando counties once his charges in Sumter County have been resolved.
Information via the Hernando County Sheriff's Office.