Hernando County Fire Rescue
On Saturday, March 21 at 10:29 p.m., Hernando County Fire Rescue (HCFR) responded to reports of a person yelling outside her home saying her house is on fire. The fire was reported to be at 14219 Midmoor Blvd in Brooksville.
HCFR Firefighters arrived within 6 minutes and encountered smoke coming from the mobile home and a woman standing by the front. The woman was identified as the occupant and was attended to by HCFR paramedics. Fire crews then made entry to ensure no further occupants were inside the home. The fire was located in the kitchen and was brought under control within five minutes of arrival. The kitchen did sustain heavy fire damage and the rest of the home did sustain smoke damage.
The occupant, a 52-year-old woman, did sustain smoke inhalation and respiratory comprise from the heat of the fire. The patient, in guarded condition, was flown to the burn unit at Tampa General Hospital for further care.
The cause of the fire has been determined to be a stovetop grease fire that spread to the cabinetry.
HCFR responded to the scene with 3 fire engines, 2 rescues, and 2 battalions chiefs for a total of 15 personnel. No injuries have been reported to any first responders.
HCFR would like to remind everyone of the importance of having household fire extinguishers near your cooking areas and know how to use them.