IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE FIFTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT,
IN AND FOR HERNANDO COUNTY, FLORIDA
West Florida Propeties
Alta L. Sheeley
Alecia E. Sheeley,
COMPLAINT TO QUIET TAX TITLE
Plaintiff West Florida Properties, files this complaint to quiet title against the defendant(s), Alta L. and Alecia E. Sheeley.
1. This is an action to quiet title to certain real property situated in Hernando County Florida, filed pursuant to F.S. 65.081. Alternatively, in the event that plaintiff’s tax deed title is determined invalid as to defendant (or any of them), this is also an action to foreclose a statutory lien for such invalidated tax deed pursuant to the provisions of F.S. 197.602.
2. Plaintiff is the owner of in fee simple of the following described land in Hernando County, Florida:
a. Ridge Manor Estate Unit 4 Blk 47B Lot 26
b. Parcel ID number: R23 122 21 0890 047B 0260
3. Plaintiff deraigns title to the land as follows:
a. On February 1, 2017, the Plaintiff purchased the above property at a tax deed sale in Hernando County, Florida. A copy of the tax deed is attached and marked Plaintiff’s exhibit A.
4. At the time the Plaintiff acquired title by warranty deed, record title was in defendant(s), Alta L. and Alecia E. Sheeley, by virtue of a certain warranty deed dated August 26, 1976 and recorded on September 1, 1976 in Official Record Book 390, Page 627, of the Public Records of Hernando County, Florida. A copy of the tax deed is attached and marked Plaintiff’s Exhibit B.
5. Any and all claims, rights, title, or interest of defendant to the real property described herein had been extinguished by the tax deed described herein; and Plaintiff is the owner to the real property and the legal and equitable owner in fee simple, and is entitled to have its title to the real property quieted and confirmed by the court under the provisions of F.S. 65.081.
6. Pleading in the alternative, Plaintiff requests that if this court determines that the tax deed title issued to the Plaintiff is void as to any of the Defendants, the court determine in its final judgment that Plaintiff holds a valid lien on the subject real property for the amount of money paid by Plaintiff for the tax deed ($4,600), together with interest thereon at 12% per annum from the date of purchase, February 1, 2017, and the costs of this action, including attorney’s fees.
WHEREFORE, the Plaintiff demands the following
A. That upon final hearing, the fee simple title to the above-described property be adjudicated owned by the Plaintiff.
B.The Defendant(s) be required to set forth the nature of its claim to the above-described real property and that all adverse claims by Defendant be determined by judgment of this court to be null and void against the Plaintiff.
C. That all right, title, and interest Defendant be forever quieted and ownership confirmed to the Plaintiff.
D. That in the event the tax deed title of Plaintiff be invalidated, Plaintiff’s statutory lien for the amount paid for the tax deed together with interest from the date the tax deed was purchased, costs, and attorney’s fees be foreclosed and that the subject real property be sold by the clerk of courts to satisfy said lien.
Attorney for Nelsestuen Bayle