IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF SPOKANE
SUMMONS AND NOTICE BY PUBLICATION OF PETITION/HEARING
RE: RELINQUISHMENT OF CHILD/TERMINATION OF PARENT/CHILD
In Re the Interest of: THAILEE JADE PEER, (DOB: 02/24/2006)
The State of Washington to the said: Daniel Lee Peer, alleged father of Thailee Jade Peer, (DOB: 02/24/2006) and anyone with a paternal interest.
1. You have been named as the alleged father or a possible father of the above-named child. A Petition for Termination of Parent-Child Relationship has been filed in the above-entitled court by Petitioner, Alexxus Alexander Palacio. The Petitioner is asking the court for an order permanently terminating the parent-child relationship between you and the child, permanently terminating all of your rights to the child, and for a decree of adoption declaring the prospective adoptive parent to be the legal parent of the child.
2. The child is Thailee Jade Peer, born February 24, 2006 in Clearwater, Florida to Noelani Nadine Palacio.
3. The court hearing on this matter shall be held on June 19, 2018 at 1:30 p.m. in the Spokane County Superior Court; Room 304, 1116 W. Broadway, Spokane, Washington. Your failure to appear at this hearing may result in a Default Order permanently terminating all of your rights to the above-named child.
4. In order to defend against this petition, you must respond to the petition by stating your defense in writing and by serving a copy on the person signing this summons and by filing the original with the clerk of the court. If you do not serve your written response within (1) twenty (20) days if you are served personally within the State of Washington, (2) thirty (30) days if you are served personally outside the State of Washington, or (3) thirty (30) days if you are served by publication, from the date of service of this summons and notice, an order permanently terminating your parent-child relationship with the child will be entered by default. A default order is one where the petitioners are entitled to what they ask for because you have not responded. If you serve a notice of appearance on Mark R. Iverson at the address below, you are entitled to notice before a default order may be entered.
5. One method of serving your response is to send it by certified mail with return receipt requested, if service is made by mail. The service shall be deemed complete upon the third day following the day upon which the response is placed in the mail, unless the third day falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, in which event service shall be deemed complete on the first day other than a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, following the third day.
6. You are further notified that any non-consenting parent or alleged father has the right to be represented by an attorney, and an attorney will be appointed for an indigent person who requests an attorney.
7. You are further notified that you have a right to file a claim of paternity under Chapter 26.26 RCW. You are further notified that your failure to file a claim of paternity within 30 days of the date of service of this notice and Summons upon you or your failure to respond to the Petition within 30 days of the date of service of Summons & Notice upon you, is grounds to terminate your parent/child relationship with respect to the child.
8. If the child is an Indian child as defined by the Indian Child Welfare Act, 25 U.S.C. § 1901, et. seq. or RCW 13.38 et. seq., your parental rights may not be terminated unless you give valid consent to termination, or your parent-child relationship is terminated involuntarily pursuant to chapter 26.33 or 13.34.
9. If the Service Members Civil Relief Act, 50 U.S.C.S. Appx. § 501 et. seq. and RCW 38.42.210 et. seq., apply, you may have certain rights and protections.
YOUR FAILURE TO RESPOND MAY RESULT IN A DEFAULT ORDER PERMANENTLY TERMINATING ALL OF YOUR RIGHTS TO THE ABOVE-NAMED CHILD.
DATED this 30th day of April, 2018.
MARK R. IVERSON, P.S.
MARK R. IVERSON, WSBA #18312
Attorney for Petitioner
FILE ORIGINAL WITH THE CLERK OF THE COURT AT:
Clerk of the Court
Spokane County Court
1116 West Broadway, Rm. 300
Spokane, WA 99260-0350
SERVE A COPY OF YOUR RESPONSE ON:
Mark R. Iverson
Mark R. Iverson, P.S.
921 W. Broadway, Ste. 305
Spokane, WA 99201
(05/04/2018), (05/11/2018), (05/18/2018)