(Brooksville, FL) The Hernando County Planning and Zoning Commission will resume public hearings beginning June 8, 2020.
Hernando County continues to monitor COVID-19 and is taking precautionary measures as recommended by the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to manage public hearings and encourage social distancing. As part of our commitment to the health of our customers and the public, we will utilize the following measures during public hearings:
- Scheduling public hearing items by agenda time, encouraging applicants and the public to follow the published schedule and minimize crowd size at any one time
- Providing limited seating in the Board Room where public hearings are held
- Providing an overflow room where applicants and the public can safely await the scheduling of their item of interest
- Citizen Comments may be submitted during the meeting by email to [email protected]
- Meetings can be viewed in real time at http://hernandocountyfl.iqm2.com/Citizens/VideoScreen.aspx?EncoderID=1002&MediaType=Channel
Contact the Hernando County Planning Department at (352) 754-4057 for more information.