An air fryer that was left on all night is being blamed for igniting a fire that did significant damage to a residence in Spring Hill.
Shortly after 6 a.m., on Aug. 24, personnel from the Hernando County Fire and Emergency Services (HCFES) responded to a call from a homeowner about a residential fire on the 100 block of Galiano Court in Spring Hill.
At the scene, firefighters found smoke and fire emanating from the roof of the home.
The fire, which originated in the kitchen, resulted in a total loss of the kitchen and significant damage to the roof.
An air fryer appliance that was left on all night was determined to have caused the blaze.
Residents of the home including pets escaped the fire, the HCFES said.