The Withlacoochee River has seen increased levels over this active rainy season and is currently in Minor Flood stage at 12.0 feet. The river is forecast to fall to below flood stage by this afternoon.
Additional rainfall over the next few days may have an impact on river conditions and predictions can change. Residents living along the river, especially those that live in low lying, flood prone areas are urged to closely monitor river levels and take precautions as needed to protect life and property. Be prepared to evacuate to higher ground if necessary. Additional updates will be provided when available. Residents that need assistance should contact Emergency Management at 352-754-4083.
- Packingham Dr. from Richardson Blvd. to Rose Bloom Ave.
- Cockleberry Dr. from N. Canal St. to Rose Bloom Ave.
- Rose Bloom Ave.
- Karwich Ave. from Pahl Pl. to Smallman St.
- Smallman from Teakwood to Karwick
- Coley St. from Shasta St. to Coral Rock Dr.
- Sudan St. from N. Canal St. to Rose Bloom Ave.
- Meridian Ave from N. Canal St. to Rose Bloom Ave.
- WPA Road about 100 feet south of the Mondon Hill / WPA intersection
- Residents of eastern Hernando County should be alert for statements or warnings from the National Weather Service, and be ready to act to protect life and property. Monitor river gauges at: http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=tbw
- Take this opportunity to refresh your emergency supply kit. For more information, visit http://www.HernandoCounty.us/EM