BROOKSVILLE, Fla.- Join Jan Knowles, local historian and Arts Council’s Projects Coordinator, on a one-hour walking tour of downtown Brooksville’s murals and public art. Jan remarks, “We invite you to visit our historic downtown, learn the insider information on our murals, have a lovely luncheon at one of our excellent restaurants, and check out a shop or two.” For access to additional information about each mural, QR codes on mural presentation plaques have been added to the tour.
• Offered the third Friday of the month, September–May, beginning September 20.
• Tours begin and end at the Hernando County Courthouse steps, 20 North Main Street, Brooksville, FL.
• Tour time: 10:30 am–11:30 am (Check-in 10:20 am).
• Advanced registration is required. Register at hernandoarts.org/murals.
• Minimum of 5 and maximum of 15 people required for the tour to be conducted.
• Donation only–your donation helps support the arts in Hernando County.
• For more information, to register by phone, or to schedule custom tours on other days, call Jan Knowles at 352-279-5182, or email [email protected]
The tours are sponsored by the Hernando County Fine Arts Council and featured on the Florida Mural Trail.