The Greater Hernando Chamber of Commerce is saying “Thanks for Giving” to Hernando first responders; delivering good eats and many rays of sunshine to those who give everything in return.
Co-sponsored by Pinebrook Pharmacy, November’s Thanks for Giving Chamber Monthly Membership Meeting/ Breakfast is a literal feast of a tribute scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 18, 7:15-9 a.m., at the Southern Hills Plantation Club, 4200 Summit View Drive, Brooksville.
“The first responders in Hernando are so important to our community,” said Morris Porton, President/CEO. “The Chamber board felt it was important to recognize them.”
According to information supplied by Jennifer Monaco, Director of First Impressions/ Information Specialist, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce. Those set to be recognized at Thanks for Giving are:
- Alvin Nienhuis II – Hernando County Sheriff’s Office – Sheriff Alvin D. Nienhuis II
- Scott Hechler – Hernando County Fire and Emergency
- John Stratton – Hernando County School Board
- Mickey Smith – Oak Hill Hospital
- Sharon Hayes – Bayfront Health Brooksville
- Ron Snowberger – Brooksville Fire Chief
- Hernando County Health Department
- Hernando County Office of Economic Development
Masks are suggested at Thanks for Giving, which offers limited seating for safety reasons. Guests must register and pay in advance with a $20 prepay at www.hernandochamber.com.
“It’s important that we realize that, day in and day out, first responders are on the front lines,” said Porton. “While we’re safe in our homes, they’re out there protecting us.”
Send all of your good news notices to Megan Hussey, Community Reporter,
Hernando Sun, at [email protected].